Creamy zucchini and carrot soup
This zucchini and carrot soup recipe is gluten-free and simple, is easy to prepare and it’s ready in 30 minutes. This green soup is so creamy and tasty it’ll be a hit starter of your meal. Find the recipe here: http://myzucchinirecipes.com/creamy-zucchini-and-carrot-soup/
- 2 carrots
- 3 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200 ml single cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- salt, pepper
- Dice the washed zucchinis and carrots. Chop the onion and the garlic.
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a deep pot. When the butter is perfectly melted, add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté them for 2-3 minutes. When the onion is white, add the diced zucchinis and carrots. Stir well and cook covered for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add water to your soup, just as much cover your vegetables, season with salt and pepper and cook the soup on reduced heat until the carrots are tender.
- When the carrots are cooked, remove the pot from heat and process the soup using an immersion blender until is smooth. Pour the single cream into the pot and return it to the heat. Add the freshly chopped basil, stir it well and cook the soup until it starts boiling again.
- Serve the soup immediately. For a better taste serve the hot soup with some grated cheese.