Creamy vegetable soup
Cozy, warming, creamy gluten-free vegetable soup for a cold afternoon. Find the recipe here: http://myzucchinirecipes.com/creamy-vegetable-soup/
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 3 potatoes
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 handful green peas
- 1 onion
- 100 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 lemon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Wash and peel the carrots, parsnip and the potatoes, then chop them into little chunks. Put them in a large pot and simmer them with one tablespoon olive oil, stirring occasionally. After 3-5 minutes, sprinkle the vegetables with ½ teaspoon paprika, stir them.
- Fill the pot ⅔ with water. Add a small (whole) onion, 1-2 bay leaves and season the soup with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Ten minutes after the soup started boiling, add the broccoli and cauliflower chunks.
- When the veggies are softened, add the chopped zucchini, the green peas and green beans (and the other frozen veggies).
- Cook the soup for 10 minutes, until all of the vegetables are cooked. Then pour 150 ml single cream and squeeze a quarter lemon into the soup. Stir carefully the soup and wait until starts to boil, then remove it from the heat.
- Remove the bay leaves and the onion from soup. Garnish the soup with freshly chopped parsley. Serve it hot with sour cream and/or bread.