Chocolate zucchini cake
Moist and delicious chocolate zucchini naked cake with whipping cream and raspberry
- 2 zucchini
- 180 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 g raspberry
- 65 gramm butter
- 200 gramm sugar
- 75 gramm cocoa powder
- 180 gramm flour
- 3 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 355°F. Prepare a 8"/ 20 cm round cake pan. Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit on the bottom of the pan, place it in the pan, then grease the pan, including the sides well with butter.
- Shred the zucchini using a cheese grater. Set it aside in a strainer.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and the sugar until is light. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat it until is well combined and smooth. Pour one teaspoon baking soda to the batter, squeeze a little lemon juice right on the soda and let it foam, then mix them together.
- In another bowl mix carefully the flour with the baking powder, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon by spoon add the dry ingredient to the egg mixture and stir it. Pour a little milk into the mixture when it's hard to stir. Alternate this until every ingredient is combined. Finally add the grated zucchini. Don't squeeze it, just fold it carefully into the batter.
- Pour evenly the batter into the prepared baking pan and put it in the oven. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes. Check with a toothpick if the inside of the cake is baked, when it comes out clean, the cake is ready. When the cake is baked, remove it from the cake pan, place it on rack and let it cool
- While the cake is cooling, whisk the double/heavy/whipping cream in a large bowl using a mixer for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoon granulated sugar. Then beat until is light and peaks form, don't over-beat it.
- To assemble, place the cake on a cake standing. Cut the cake into two equal layers, spread the half of the whipped cream on the base, then place the second layer on the frosting, spread the rest of the cream on top of the cake, using a large knife. Decorate the cake with raspberries as you like. Keep the cake refrigerated min. 1 hour before serving.