Chicken drumsticks with zucchini mascarpone sauce
Find the Chicken drumsticks with zucchini mascarpone sauce recipe here: http://myzucchinirecipes.com/chicken-drumsticks-with-zucchini-mascarpone-sauce/
- 4-6 chicken drumsticks
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 300 g mascarpone
- 1,5 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml red wine
- 1/2 tsp reshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 400 g pasta
- Wash the chicken drumsticks, wipe them dry, rub them with salt, pepper and paprika, then put them aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a pan, when it's hot add the drumsticks and fry them on maximum heat for 7-8 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat, pour the wine and cook it covered for 30-40 minutes.
- While the chicken thighs are cooking, let's prepare the zucchini mascarpone sauce. Slice the washed zucchinis into 2,5 cm / 1-inch thin slices. In a large pan heat the butter and one tablespoon olive oil, chop the onion and simmer it for 3-4 minutes. Add the zucchini slices, sprinkle it with sugar, season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir well the zucchini slices with the onion, cook it for 3-4 minutes, then spoon by spoon add the mascarpone, stirring continuously. Fold in the crushed garlic. Cook the sauce covered until the zucchini is almost completely tender. The zucchini is better if it's a little crunchy.
- When the zucchini mascarpone sauce is ready, sprinkle it with freshly chopped parsley and basil.
- While the zucchini and the drumsticks are cooking, cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- Serve the baked chicken drumsticks with the zucchini mascarpone sauce on top of the pasta.