Chicken bake with vegetables
Simple and easy chicken thighs bake with potatoes, carrots, zucchini and onions
- 4 chicken thighs
- 7-8 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Wash the chicken thighs under running cold water, dry it with paper towel and put them in a large bowl. Scrub the thighs with salt, black pepper and paprika to taste, besprinkle with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes, wash them. Cut the potatoes into small chunks, slice the carrots into thick slices. Cut the unpeeled zucchini into small pieces. Put the vegetable in the bowl next to the chicken and mix them together, until veggies are coated with the spiced oil. Add more oil or salt if is necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F. Grease a large baking pan with oil.
- Cut a large red onion into thick slices and place them on the bottom of the pan. Put the vegetables into the pan and place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies. Pour the oil from the bowl on the veggies and chicken and sprinkle them with oregano.
- Cover the pan with a foil and toss it into the oven. Bake the dish for 60-70 minute, until the chicken and potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced, then remove the foil and place them back to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until the thighs and veggies are browned up as you like.