Cheesy zucchini fritters
Easy zucchini fritters with feta cheese inside, served with garlicky sour cream
- 2 zucchini (courgette)
- 100 gramm feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 2 spring onion
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Grate the unpeeled zucchini on a cheese grater's large holes then transfer it in a colander. Season with salt, combine it and let it sit 3 minutes, then squeeze out the juice with your hands and let it stand until you prepared the other ingredients.
- Slice thin the spring onions and cut into little chunks a half bell pepper. In a small bowl beat lightly 2 eggs.
- Squeeze out the grated zucchini again, drain it completely to avoid the fritters to become soggy, then transfer it into a large bowl. Add the sliced onion and bell pepper, the beaten eggs, flour to the zucchini. Crumble the feta cheese into the bowl. Combine the ingredients with a pinch of salt, pepper and add the parsley and thyme.
- In a large skillet preheat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, scoop one tablespoon batter for each fritter, press them lightly to become flat. Cook the fritters over medium heat for 3-4 minutes when become golden brown flip them and cook them for another 3-4 minutes. When the zucchini fritters are cooked thoroughly, transfer them on paper towel.
- Keep the skillet oiled and repeat cooking the fritters.
- While the fritters are cooking, prepare the garlic sour cream. Crush 2 cloves of garlic in a small bowl, mix it with 2-3 tablespoon sour cream and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the cheesy zucchini fritters immediately with the sour cream dip.