Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Sweet, moist, tender zucchini bread with blueberries - a great way to use your zucchini and prepare a delicious bread for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 320°F. Grease well one loaf pan.
- Grate the unpeeled zucchini using a cheese grater, set it aside in a strainer.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, add the sugar when the eggs are well whisked. Add the oil and vanilla extract and whisk all together. Fold in the squeezed shredded zucchini. Finally add 1 teaspoon baking soda, pour 1 teaspoon lemon juice right on the baking soda and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients in batches to the wet ingredients, whisk to combine. Gently fold in the washed blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake the zucchini bread 50-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread, when it comes out clean, the bread is ready.
- Remove form the oven, cool 15 minutes in pan, then turn it out onto a wire rack to continue cooling.