Baked chicken breast with zucchini and tomato
Baked chicken breast covered with cheesy zucchini and tomato - a great light and healthy summer recipe
- 4 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 zucchini (courgette)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into 1 inch thick slices. Season the zucchini slices with salt and pepper and put them aside.
- Wash the chicken breast fillets, slice them half and rub them with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder or crushed garlic to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook both sides for 5-7 minutes, until the meat is white.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease an ovenproof dish and place the seasoned chicken breasts into dish. Put a slice of tomato on the chicken, then a slice of zucchini, repeat it. Finally sprinkle the top with the grated cheese and ¼ teaspoon of oregano and basil.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese on top of the baked chicken is golden brown.