Fluffy ricotta-baobab pancakes
Fluffy and so delicate with the addition of berry sauce they taste amazing with warm berry sauce.
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp bilberry powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries ( for the sauce)
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp GF bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- 2 eggs, separate whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- Separate the eggs and whip the whites.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, and baobab powder in a separate, larger mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and whites to the ricotta and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Melt a small bit of coconut oil in the pan, just enough to coat the surface.
- Use 2 tbps measure of batter onto the hot pan.Fry it for about 2-3 minutes, until the undersides are golden and you see a few bubbles popping through the pancakes.
- To make berry sauce. Melt coconut oil add berries, berry powders and lemon. On low heat cook it for 5min, add coconut sugar and cook another 2 min.