CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC AND POTATO SOUP RECIPE
I like to discover new recipes and change the old ones to healthier version, nutritious, quick, easy and cheap to make. A creamy vegetable blend works perfectly with crispy toast,pita or roasted potato, toasted pumpkin or nothing at all.
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp slightly salted butter
- 2 medium size onions
- 1.5 ml vegetable stock
- himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 14 baby potatoes
- fresh rosemary
- 6 baby leek
- single cream
- fresh basil or other herbs for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel the outer layers of the garlic bulb.
- Peal the potatoes and cut 4 of them ( if you are using baby potatoes). Cut them into small cubes and place in the baking dish together with garlic cloves, salt, rosemary and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Roast until garlic and potatoes are soft and brown ( around 35min).
- In the pan bring to boil veggie stock ( or water + stock cubes) along with the chopped celeriac and remaining peeled potatoes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and salt and cook until soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Pour remaining olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring heat to medium-high and add chopped onions. Saute until tender and beginning to brown. Once cooked add to the stock.
- Remove potatoes and garlic from the oven. Allow garlic to cool down and then squeeze the roasted garlic out from the skin ( you can also try to peal the skin is quite easy). Add it to the boiling stock together with few roasted potatoes and simmer for 15 min.
- *if to much water ewapourates now is time to add some, 1/2 cup simmer for couple of minutes
- Once you happy with the thickness of your soup blend it in your food processor or with hand blender until smooth. Simmer on the low heat for 5 min ( here you can add the cream).
- Serve with the remaining roasted potatoes, cruttons, pita or toast.... use your imagination.