Adasi - Persian lentil stew
Lentils have a lot of nutritional value, and thus - health properties. Lentils primarily contains a lot of protein, which can be an alternative to animal protein. It is also a very rich source of potassium important for the heart and needed during pregnancy folic acid. This is why this dish is perfectly suitable for vegans. This dish is so easy, you really only need very few simple ingredients and aromatic spices, plus mine has special super powers from moringa. Great for lunch and dinner, hot and cold.
- 1 tbsp moringa powder
- pinch cinamon
- pinch pepper
- pinch turmeric
- pinch himalayan salt
- 3-4 cups water or veggie broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 large onions
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup green lentils
- Pre-soak lentils in water for about 1h. You can skip this part if you want.
- In a medium saucepan heat the canola oil over medium heat. Fry the onions, stirring occasionally until soft and golden brown, around 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils and water/broth to the pot. Turn the heat up to bring to a boil.
- Stirring occasionally, cook the stew for about 1 hour or until the lentils are very soft.
- At the end ad moringa powder.
- Eat hot or cold.