Adas Polo- Persian rice with lentils
Perfect comfort food.
- 1 cup puy or green lentils
- 1/2 cup rice
- pinch himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- pinch of each cumin, turmeric, cardamon, cinnamon
- pinch black pepper
- 1-2 diced onions
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- handfull roasted pecans
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- Cook lentils in salted water for 20-30 min, drain water from lentils and set aside.
- Cook rice as you normally do, add the saffron.
- Once rice is done, transfer cooked rice to a large bowl, add lentils caramelised onions, spices, raisins, pecans, chill oil.
- Toss everything, serve warm or cold.