Winter spice porridge
The lights are up, Christmas trees are making appearances and ice skating has begun. I’ve decided to start the winter recipes with porridge, one of my favourite things to eat when it’s cold, a deliciously comforting breakfast, or at any time of day! It’s half oats and half quinoa, so it’s even more nutritious, less heavy, and with all those nuts, you only need a small bowl. If you’re hosting a festive brunch and want to make something healthy to start with, this can be an impressive small bowl or cup of goodness, with a mix of any nuts, lots of cinnamon, almond milk and the prunes and cranberries mean you don’t need any extra sugar or honey. Just dress it up beautifully with an array of toppings and a dash more cinnamon.
- 25 gr tablespoons oats
- 50 gr cooked quinoa
- 150 ml water
- 200 ml almond milk
- 5 walnuts, broken/ chopped
- 5 cashews, broken/ chopped
- 5 almonds, chopped
- handful cranberries
- 3 prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg Place everything in a pan and he
- Place everything in a pan and heat and stir together on low heat or you can also start by cooking the oats and cooked quinoa in water, then add the almond milk and the rest of the ingredients.
- You can also use any mixture of nuts you like, and break them into small pieces when adding into the porridge.
- When stirring, the porridge will thicken with time. If it’s too thick when serving, add more almond milk.
- Place the hot porridge in small bowls or cups, top with a mix of nuts, cranberries and cinnamon, and serve.