The ultimate date & flax breakfast bar
- 100 g linseeds
- 25 g chia seed
- 1 coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 squeezed orange
- 250 g pitted dates
- 300 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4.
- Now place the dates, chopped or torn, into a cooking pot with the water, coconut oil, cinnamon and squeeze the orange into it. Let this boil on low heat for 5-8 minutes. I
- In the meantime, place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
- Once the date mixture is boiling, mix and whip with a fork until you have a puree – it will be quite thick and sludgy.
- Add the date mixture into the mixing bowl of dry ingredients. Press the mixture into your tin and even out using the back of a large spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until firm and golden on top. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into pieces.