Seared Cauliflower with Turmeric, Tahini and Miso
Turmeric stirred through cauliflower always makes it taste and look like a curry, but here, while using turmeric in cooking the cauliflower, I’ve then added a tahini and miso sauce over the top, which alters the flavour entirely. And lastly the furikake mix, which is one of my favourite seasonings these days – the salt and pepper of Japan, a mixture of sesame seeds, nori seaweed and red shiso leaves which can be added to absolutely anything. I quite love this as a starter or a side dish… a delectable fusion of sorts.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tsp tahini
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp miso paste
- Mix of sesame seeds or Furikake mix
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces, heat the oil in a pan on low heat and add the cauliflower pieces.
- Now add the turmeric and salt and stir thoroughly. Leave this to cook on low heat for around 15-20 minutes, stirring and checking every few minutes.
- While this is cooking, you can make the sauce by mixing together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower pieces and garnish with the furikake mix before serving.