Divine mocha cake with nutmeg & mocha cashew frost
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coffee
- 1 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 120 g cashews soaked for two hours
- 70 g agave nectar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 40 g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coffee
- Start by soaking the cashews for a few hours (or overnight).
- When you’re ready to make the cake, start by preheating the oven on 160C or Gas Mark 4 and grease the cake tin with a little coconut oil.
- To make the cake, place all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the warm blend of coconut oil, almond milk and coffee, and whisk together for 2 minutes, or until well blended. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and level the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, you can make the cashew frosting. Drain all the water from the cashews and place into a high-speed blender together with agave and cocoa powder.
- Warm the coconut oil and coffee in a small pan so that both melt, pour into the blender, and blend together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Once the cake it baked, let it cool down before spreading a thick layer of the frosting. Garnish with nuts or coconut flakes – or just lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.