This smooth and creamy cardamom drink is an impressive dessert, to be savoured with a spoon or a small straw. Made with blended cashews and sweetened with dates, it is as nourishing as it is filling. The chia seeds offer a layer of texture along with a whole array of health benefits. And the touch of cardamom and saffron transform the taste entirely, lending intensity of flavour and delicious decadence.
- 70 gr cashews
- 350 ml water
- 35 gr dates
- 8 g chia
- 50 ml water
- pinch saffron
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- pistachios, for garnishing
- Soak the cashews in 350ml water for 30 minutes or longer – you can even soak them overnight. Soak the chia seeds in 50ml water for similar time.If in a rush, soak chia in hot water, mix together thoroughly and they should be ready in a few minutes
- Blend the cashews, water and dates in a high-speed blender. Pour this mixture into the chia seeds and keep stirring.
- Now add the cardamom and saffron and mix well. You can also place small amounts of the soaked chia seeds at the bottom of each glass and pour the cashew, date, cardamom and saffron mixture over it.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and a sprinkle of cardamom.