Sweet Matcha Oatmeal
Suggested toppings: Sliced fruit e.g. bananas, strawberries Dollop of peanut butter Square of vegan chocolate Tiger Nuts
- 50 g jumbo rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 250 ml plant-based milk
- 2 g Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp moringa
- Squeeze of liquid sweetener e.g. rice syrup, date syrup (to taste)
- Combine all the ingredients for the matcha oatmeal in a pan until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Cook the oatmeal on a medium-low heat until the milk no longer separates from the oats, when stirring with a wooden spoon, and the desired consistency is reached. (Note: Some people like to add in the mashed banana after cooking but I do this before cooking; it’s completely up to you!) Carefully remove the oats from the hob and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the toppings/ wash the fruit.
- Pour the oatmeal into a breakfast bowl and and smooth out the top, using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with your desired toppings & ENJOY!