Strawberry Jam Donut Crepes
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 110 ml water
- 3 tbsp raw sugar/ granulated sweetener e.g. brown sugar, stevia
- 45 g flour e.g. organic wholemeal spelt flour, white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Start by making the jam so that by the time it’s done, your crepes will be ready for serving!
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, water and sweetener/sugar. Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and simmer until a syrupy jam forms (approx 15mins). Meanwhile make your crepes!
- Combine crepe ingredients in a bowl and whisk until batter is smooth and free from lumps. The batter will be thin. Pour about 4tbsp of the batter per crepe (depending on the size of your pan) onto the centre of a non-stick, preheated pan (on low heat) while swirling around in order to cover the entire base and create a thin crepe. When golden, flip and cook on the other side.
- Remove when both sides are cooked to a golden brown, and roll up onto serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/ coconut/ icing sugar if desired and top with the jam and additional fruit for a delish nutritious meal!