Strawberries and Cream Crepes
- 45 g wholemeal/ buckwheat flour
- 25 g oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or any other granulated sweetener/ sugar of choice
- 1 egg
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 100 g plain, white-coloured yoghurt e.g. coconut, Greek or quark
- 1 tbsp berry powder or fruit jam
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tsp vegan strawberry syrup/ sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the crepes in a deep, medium-sized bowl and whisk, with an electric whisk, until the batter is smooth and free from lumps. The batter will be quite thin.
- Melt a drop of coconut oil (vegetable oil will work as well) on a low-medium heat, in a small pan.
- Pour batter (I use three flat tablespoons but it will differ according to the size of your pan) onto the centre of the pan while swirling the pan’s handle, using a circular movement of your wrist, to cover the base and create a thin crepe.
- When the underneath is golden, flip the crepe (Note: the edges of the crepe should be peeling upwards and so I use my fingers to flip them as it’s much easier than using a spatula).
- Remove when the crepe is completely cooked on the other side and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Whilst the crepes are cooking, combine the ingredients for the cream filling in a small, shallow bowl until the mixture is smooth and free from lumps. Add more liquid as required to thin the filling.
- Fill each crepe with the cream filling. Top with strawberries, a chopped bar and drizzle with the strawberry sauce.