Raw Vegan ‘Snickers’ Nana Ice Cream
Just when you thought that life couldn’t get any better, along comes the easiest, yummiest, healthiest Raw Vegan ‘Snickers’ Nana Ice Cream recipe around.
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- pinch Himalayan salt
- dash vanilla
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 5-6 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Blend the first two ingredients for the nougat nana ice cream until smooth. Then, add the remaining three ingredients and blend once more until all the ingredients have been incorporated – the ice cream should be quite thick and smooth. Transfer to a jar/ bowl and place the ice cream in the freezer whilst you prepare the remaining components of this dish.
- Next, make the date caramel by blending the first two ingredients until as smooth as desired. (Note: I stopped my blender mid-programme as I wanted the dates to be slightly chunky and the caramel to be thick). Next, add the remaining ingredients and blend again until peanuts are roughly chopped. Transfer the caramel to a small, shallow bowl whilst you prepare the chocolate hardening sauce.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small, shallow bowl (I actually use a shot glass or egg cup in order to pour out the sauce more easily) and then add the rice syrup as well as the cacao powder. Mix well and put aside.
- Remove the banana ice cream from the freezer, drizzle with the date caramel and chocolate ‘magic sauce’.
- Finish off with your favourite toppings & ENJOY!