Plain Overnight Oats
photos are of my vanilla and mango layered overnight oats and of my mixed berry oats (strawberries and raspberries). I also love the flavour combination of banana and raspberry (add a handful of mashed raspberries); cacao and coconut (add 1tbsp cacao powder and 1tbsp desiccated coconut); as well as ‘carrot cake’ (add 1 shredded carrot).
- 40 g rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 50 g yoghurt
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener e.g. coconut nectar, liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Any other fruit, nuts, seeds you would like to add
- The night before, prepare an empty glass jar or old jam pot.
- Mix together the first three ingredients until well-combined and free of any lumps.
- Then pour in the milk carefully, stirring until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and place the lid on your jar/ pot.
- Store in the fridge overnight and remove in the morning (no need for microwaving).