Nutella French Toast Cannelloni
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- handful berries of choice
- Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla together in a bowl which is large enough to fit the French toast rolls, and set aside.
- Cut the crust off from the bread slices, and with a rolling pin roll out to flatten each slice.
- Spread ½ tbsp Nutella onto a bread slice. Fill ⅓ of the bread slice with the berries, and roll the bread up gently but tightly around the fruit side first until a roll has formed. Set aside (ensure that the seam is facing downwards so as to avoid the bread from unrolling). Repeat with remaining bread.
- Heat a non stick pan with some coconut oil on low-medium heat.
- Dip the rolls into the French toast mixture, turning them to ensure an even coat, and place them seam side down into the pan. Cook each side until golden brown, turning the cannelloni every 2-3mins so they cook evenly on all sides.
- When fully cooked, remove them and top with whatever you desire