Chocolate/ Nutella Stuffed Churro Pancakes
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 2 tbsp sugar of choice
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon or 2 tbsp store-bought cinnamon sugar
- Combine pancake ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Slowly whisk well until smooth.
- Place Nutella into the microwave for 30 sec until warm and slightly thinner.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat and add some oil to lightly grease pan. Pour 2 tbsp of batter onto the pan and spread out gently by making a circular movement with your wrist, shaping into a round pancake shape.
- Spoon about ½ tsp of Nutella onto the centre of the batter, and then gently pour a little pancake batter over the top to cover the Nutella completely. (You can gently seal it with the back of your spoon to ensure no Nutella touches the pan).
- When the underside is golden, gently flip with a spatula and cook until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter and Nutella.
- Prepare a wide shallow dish with the cinnamon sugar, and immediately place each pancake onto the cinnamon sugar while they’re still warm. Evenly coat both sides, and place onto a serving dish.