Yellow Thai coconut, haddock curry with black rice
This yellow coconut curry, infused with Thai flavours, is paired with generous chunks of Cornish haddock and crisp sugar snap peas, and served with antioxidant rich black rice.
- 300 g haddock (fish)
- 100 g black rice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp Yellow Thai curry paste (crustaceans)
- 1 red pepper
- 80 g sugar snap peas
- 1 onion
- handful coriander
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch fo sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins until cooked.
- Thinly slice the onion and cut the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Trim the sugar snap peas. Roughly chop the coriander. Cut the haddock into bite-sized chunks.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with ½ tbsp oil on a medium heat, add the Yellow Thai curry paste for 1 min, then add the onion and cook for 7 mins. Then add the haddock, red pepper and sugar snap peas, stir to coat in the paste.
- Add the coconut milk, season with sea salt and black pepper and simmer for 5 mins with the lid on, then 5 mins with the lid off to reduce the sauce, stirring occasionally until the fish is cooked through. Then stir through half of the coriander.
- Drain the black rice.
- Serve the Yellow Thai fish curry in a bowl alongside the black rice and garnish with the remaining coriander.