Vietnamese pho, courgetti noodles, tofu & cashews
Inspired by the traditional Vietnamese noodle soup, we've created our own delicious tofu & courgetti version, infused with star anise.
- 300 g firm tofu (soya)
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 300 g courgettes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red chilli
- 50 g cashew nuts (nuts)
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 2 tsp tamari (soya)
- 2 star anise
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 500ml boiling water in a jug and set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic and finely slice the chilli (remove the seeds for less heat). Chop the tenderstem into 1 inch pieces and half the mushrooms lengthways. Thinly slice the red pepper. Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Remove the ends of the courgette, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienner peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and add half of the garlic and the tofu and fry for 5 mins. Then add the tamari and fry for a further 5 mins until the tofu is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the remaining garlic for a minute, then add the mushrooms, tenderstem, red pepper and star anise, and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock and courgetti to this pan and simmer for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and carefully remove the star anise.
- Serve the vegetable soup in a bowl, top with the tofu and garnish with the sliced chilli and cashew nuts. Enjoy!