Tofu Pad Thai with crunchy peanuts & courgetti
Our vegan Pad Thai is made with courgetti noodles, richer in vitamins and lower in calories than rice noodles. The sauteed tofu and peanuts give a great balance of protein to this dish.
- Handful of coriander
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp peanut paste
- 1 red chilli
- 280 g courgette
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200 g carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 300 g tofu
- Finely chop the chilli and finely slice the spring onions, removing the root at the end. Peel and slice the carrots into matchsticks and thinly slice the yellow pepper. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Drain, rinse and chop the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the tofu for 5 mins, then add half of the tamari and fry for another 5 mins until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, mix the peanut paste with the remaining tamari, the maple syrup, the juice from 1 lime and the chopped chilli.
- Heat another pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the carrot, spring onion and yellow pepper for 2 mins. Then add the courgetti, half of the coriander and the sauce and cook for 3 mins.
- Serve the Pad Thai in a warm bowl, top with the tofu and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves and lime juice.