Thai pork meatballs in a coconut & courgetti soup
Fragrant pork meatballs infused with lemongrass and ginger in a creamy coconut soup with courgetti noodles and sliced red pepper, full of vitamin C.
- 300 g organic pork mince
- 280 g courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 120 g chestnut mushrooms
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 1 red chilli
- handful Thai basil
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Finely slice the red pepper and the mushrooms. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the end of the lemongrass and finely chop. Finely chop the red chilli and roughly chop half of the Thai basil. Mix the ginger, lemongrass, chilli and basil in a bowl with the pork mince and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 16 small balls.
- Boil a kettle. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the pork meatballs for 15 mins, turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 200ml boiling water and add to a saucepan with the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and add the red pepper, mushrooms and courgetti and simmer for 3 mins.
- Spoon the coconut soup and vegetables into a bowl and top with the meatballs, the remaining Thai basil leaves and the juice of the lime. Enjoy!