Sweet & sour pork with mangetout & black rice
- 340 g pork loin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp tamari (soya)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (sulphites)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 100 g mangetout
- 1 red chilli
- 80 g black rice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the black rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Chop the yellow pepper into bite-sized piece. Finely chop the garlic and red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat).
- Thinly slice the pork.
- To make the sweet & sour sauce; in a bowl, mix together the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water. Then add the tamari, tomato paste, honey and apple cider vinegar, mix well.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 2 tsp oil and add the garlic and chilli for 1 min. Then add the sliced pork and cook for 7 mins until lightly golden, then add the yellow pepper and mangetout for 2 mins. Add the sauce and simmer for 3 mins, until the pork is cooked through.
- Drain the black rice.
- Place the black rice on a warm plate and spoon over, in the middle, the sweet and sour pork. Enjoy!