Sweet potato & chickpea curry with broccoli rice
- 240 g chickpeas (drained)
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 100 g sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 broccoli
- 2 tsp curry powder (mustard/celery)
- 1 lime
- handful coriander
- 2 tsp dessicated coconut
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1 cm pieces. Chop the red pepper into bite-sized pieces. Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Roughly chop the coriander and drain the chickpeas.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the ginger and sweet potato. Fry for 5 mins, then add the red pepper and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Then add the curry powder, coconut milk and chickpeas and simmer for 10 mins to reduce the sauce. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- While the curry is cooking, grate the broccoli into a rice consistency using a grater. Heat a saucepan over a gentle heat with 1 tsp oil, and add the broccoli rice with 2 tbsp water, cook for 3-4 mins, stirring constantly until the broccoli has slightly softened. Mix in half of the juice from the lime.
- Stir the chopped coriander through the curry.
- Spoon the broccoli rice onto a warm plate and top with the Sri Lankan sweet potato, red pepper and chickpea curry. Drizzle over the remaining lime juice, and scatter over the desiccated coconut.