Sweet potato & beef sliders, baby kale & tomatoes
Mini organic beef burgers sandwiched between sweet potato, to act as a nutritious bun. The burgers are topped with crushed avocado & sautéed onions and served with a baby kale & cherry tomato salad.
- 300 g beef (mince)
- 300 g sweet potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 40 g baby kale
- 120 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Leave the skin on the sweet potato, wash and cut widthways into 12 thin slices (you will need 6 slices per person). Thinly slice the onion and crush or finely chop the garlic.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and lay out the slices, drizzle with 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine the beef mince, garlic and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Then form into 6 burgers.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tsp oil over a medium-high heat, add the burgers and cook for 5 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tsp oil in a separate small pan and cook the onion for 7 mins until softened.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado. In a small bowl, mash the avocado and the juice from the lime, add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters, add to a separate bowl with the baby kale and the balsamic vinegar, and stir well.
- Assemble each slider by topping a sweet potato slice with a burger, avocado, onions and then add another sweet potato slice. Serve alongside the baby kale and cherry tomato salad.