Stuffed red peppers with black beans & chilli lime
- 240 g black beans
- 80 g quinoa
- 2 red peppers
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 40 g baby spinach
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Dissolve the stock cube in 300ml boiling water.
- Rinse the quinoa, place in a saucepan with the stock and simmer for 15 mins. After 10 mins of cooking, drain the black beans and add to the quinoa, simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice the red peppers in half and remove the seeds. Thinly slice the spring onions and dice the tomatoes.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain the mix and place in a bowl. Stir in the spring onions, tomatoes, two thirds of the paprika and season with black pepper. Stuff the red peppers with this quinoa, bean & vegetable mix. Place these on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil, place in the oven for 10-15 mins until the pepper softens.
- In a dry frying pan on a medium heat, toast the sunflower seeds for 3 mins, then sprinkle over the remaining smoked paprika and remove from the pan.
- To make the chilli lime drizzle; mix the juice from the lime with the chipotle paste and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve the red peppers alongside the baby spinach and drizzle over the chilli lime sauce. Sprinkle over the paprika sunflower seeds.