Steak with sweet potato baked egg and asparagus
We've paired a succulent organic steak with a rich balsamic glaze, shaved asparagus & peppery rocket salad and a delicious sweet potato baked egg.
- 340 g organic beef steak
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 100 g asparagus
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (sulphites)
- 40 g rocket
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 15 g pine nuts
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Slice the sweet potato in half lengthways, place in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Boil for 15 mins, then drain from the water and leave to cool for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, using a peeler, peel the asparagus into long thin ribbons. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the asparagus, tomatoes and rocket to a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Carefully remove a few tbsps of sweet potato from the centre of each half. Crack the egg into this hole. Sprinkle with sea salt and place the sweet potato on a baking tray in the oven for 15 mins, or until the egg white is set.
- Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil. Season the steak on both sides and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Leave to rest.
- Heat a saucepan on a gentle heat, and pour in the balsamic vinegar, heat for 5 mins until the vinegar has reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Thinly slice the steak and serve on two warm plates, alongside the asparagus salad and sweet potato egg. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the salad and sprinkle over the pine nuts.