Spring vegetable & asparagus buckwheat risotto
- 80 g buckwheat
- 2 garlic cloves
- 210 g edamame beans (drained) (soya)
- 80 g sugar snap peas
- 140 g asparagus
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 1 leek
- 1/2 lemon
- 30 g flaked almonds (nuts)
- handful mint
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 300ml boiling water.
- Finely slice the leek and finely chop the garlic. Trim the sugar snap peas and slice the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the garlic and leek for 5 mins.
- Rinse the buckwheat and add to the leek pan for 1 min, then add the vegetable stock and simmer for 15 mins. Season with black pepper.
- Drain the edamame beans and add to the buckwheat with the asparagus and sugar snap peas and cook for a further 5 mins. Add more boiling water if needed.
- Finely slice the mint leaves. Add the mint and juice from the lemon to the buckwheat risotto and stir well.
- Serve the spring vegetable buckwheat risotto in a warm bowl and scatter over the flaked almonds.