Smoked salmon & coconut fish pie with carrot mash
- 150g hot smoked salmon
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 leek
- 40g spinach
- 200g carrots
- 60g green beans
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Handful of parsley
- Boil a kettle. Peel and chop the carrots into 1cm pieces. Trim the green beans and thinly slice the leek, removing the root end. Roughly chop the parsley.
- Place the carrots in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer with a pinch of sea salt for 20 mins until soft. In the last 5 mins, add the green beans. Drain the vegetables, remove the green beans and keep warm, and mash the carrot with a potato masher (or with a fork).
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the leek for 5 mins.
- Pour 1 tbsp of the coconut milk in a bowl and mix in the cornflour to form a smooth paste. Add the coconut milk to the leek pan with the cornflour mix and the mustard and simmer gently for 10 mins until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat the grill to high. Break the hot smoked salmon into pieces and stir into the coconut sauce with the spinach and half of the parsley and cook for 2 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the coconut fish pie mix into an ovenproof dish and spoon over the carrot mash. Place under the grill for 5 mins.
- Serve the coconut fish pie alongside the green beans, and scatter over the remaining parsley.