Singapore style sweet potato noodles with shredded
These sweet potato noodles pair beatifully with shredded chicken, crisp sugar snap peas and curry spices, making this dish extremely moreish!
- 360 g Chicken breast
- 400 g Sweet potato
- 80 g Sugar snap peas
- 1 piece Pepper (red)
- 4 cm Ginger (fresh)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Curry powder (medium)
- 1 tbsp Tamari (soya)
- 1 piece Lime
- 0.5 piece Stock (chicken)
- Peel and finely chop the ginger, and crush or finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the red pepper.
- Peel the sweet potato. Prepare the sweet potato noodles using a peeler and slice into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml boiling water, pour into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chicken breasts, ensuring they are covered in stock (add more boiling water if needed). Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a wok (or frying pan) add 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the sweet potato noodles, cook for 8-10 mins until softened. Remove and keep warm.
- With two forks shred the poached chicken into small pieces.
- In the same wok (or frying pan), heat 1/2 tbsp oil and add the garlic, ginger and curry powder, stir for 1 min. Then add the red pepper and sugar snaps, cook for 4 mins. Then add the tamari, chicken, half of the lime juice and the sweet potato noodles. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve the Singapore sweet potato & chicken noodles on two warm plates and drizzle over the remaining lime juice.