Salmon, millet, seaweed, poached egg & asparagus
We're really excited to be using crisp Cornish seaweed sprinkled over sustainably sourced salmon, accompanied by asparagus topped with a poached egg. Seaweed contains more vitamins and minerals than any other food group, so it's a fantastic nutrient boost!
- 300 g Salmon (fillet)
- 2 piece Egg
- 80 g Millet
- 140 g Asparagus
- 1 piece Lemon
- 2 tbsp Seaweed Salad
- 60 g Spinach
- 0.5 piece Stock (chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a jug of 400ml boiling water. Heat a dry large saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 mins, stirring constantly. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat and cover for 15 mins, then stir through the spinach and cook for 2 mins until wilted.
- Thinly slice half of the lemon and cut the slices in half. Trim the asparagus.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray, layer over the lemon slices and drizzle over 1 tsp oil on each fillet. Place the asparagus alongside and drizzle with 1 tsp oil. Place the baking tray in the oven for 12-15 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
- Heat a separate saucepan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Create a gentle whirlpool in the pan with a spoon then break an egg into the middle, one at a time. Cook for 4 mins. Remove from the pan.
- Drain the spinach millet and stir through the juice from the remaining lemon.
- Spoon the spinach millet onto two plates and place a salmon fillet on top, sprinkle over the crispy seaweed salad. Serve alongside the asparagus, topped with the poached egg and a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.