Red Thai chicken curry, courgetti & cashew nuts
- 360 g chicken breast
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste (crustaceans)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 240 g courgette
- 160 g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 lime
- handful coriander
- 30 g cashew nuts (nuts)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Thinly slice the mushrooms, and cut the orange pepper into bite-sized pieces. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with ½ tbsp oil on a medium heat, add the red Thai curry paste and heat for 1 min, then add the chicken, mix well to coat in the paste and cook for 5 mins. Add the pepper and mushrooms for 2 mins.
- Then add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in half of the lime juice and half of the coriander.
- While the curry is simmering, remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using a peeler and slice the courgette into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one). Place in a bowl and mix in the remaining lime juice.
- Heat a dry frying pan and fry the cashew nuts for a few mins until lightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil and cook the courgetti for 2 mins, stirring frequently.
- Serve the red Thai chicken curry in a bowl alongside a plate of courgetti noodles or mix together. Garnish with the toasted cashew nuts and remaining coriander.