Quinoa tagine, chickpeas, sweet potato and olives
- 40g quinoa
- 120g chickpeas (drained)
- 100g sweet potato
- 1 garlic clove
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 30g green pitted olives
- Handful of coriander
- Finely chop the garlic clove and peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Roughly chop the pitted olives and the coriander leaves.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large pan on a medium heat and cook the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric and sweet potato for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle and dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug of 250ml boiling water. Rinse the quinoa.
- Place the vegetable stock and the quinoa into the pan with the sweet potato and simmer for 15 mins.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the quinoa, along with the chopped olives and cook for a further 5 mins. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve the quinoa and chickpea tagine in a warm bowl and garnish with the coriander.