Quinoa paella with olives & lemon roasted
A lighter take on a Spanish paella, using quinoa instead of rice with the addition of oven roasted lemon fennel, packed with vitamin B6.
- 80 g quinoa
- 200 g edamame beans (drained) (soya)
- 1 fennel head
- 120 g green beans
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
- handful parsley
- 50 g pitted black olives
- 140 g cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Trim the green beans and thinly slice the fennel head, removing the ends.
- Place the fennel slices on a baking sheet, drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil, half of the juice from the lemon and a pinch of sea salt and place in the oven for 10 mins. After 10 mins, add the green beans to the baking tray, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and place in the oven for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable stock in 300ml boiling water. Rinse the quinoa and add to a medium-sized pan with the stock. Leave to simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut the cherry tomatoes and black olives in half. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Drain the edamame beans.
- Once the quinoa has simmered for 15 mins, stir in the smoked paprika followed by the edamame beans, tomatoes and black olives and cook for a further 5 mins; add more water if needed. Then stir through the remaining lemon juice and half of the parsley.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa paella into two warm bowls, top with the lemon roasted fennel and green beans, and scatter over the remaining parsley.