Pork tenderloin with asparagus & sweet potato
Juicy oven baked pork tenderloin with sauce vierge, a vitamin-packed French sauce made with chopped tomatoes, basil, lemon and olive oil.
- 360 g pork tenderloin
- 300 g sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 120 g cherry tomatoes
- handful fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon
- 120 g asparagus
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and brown the pork tenderloin for a few mins on each side. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the sweet potato and cut the onion into small wedges, place on a baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20 mins.
- To make the sauce vierge; finely chop the cherry tomatoes and basil. Mix in a bowl with 1 tsp oil, the juice from the lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Boil a kettle. In a saucepan, add the asparagus and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 3 mins until the asparagus is tender, then drain.
- When the pork is cooked, cut into slices.
- Serve the asparagus on a warm plate, layer the pork tenderloin slices on top, and drizzle over the sauce vierge. Serve alongside the roasted sweet potato and red onion.