Pork loin with chilli, sautéed squash & kale
This juicy pork loin is served on sautéed squash & kale, fresh sage, and sprinkled with chilli flakes and chopped brazil nuts - a dish bursting in nutrients!
- 300 g pork loin
- Handful of sage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300 g butternut squash
- 100 g kale
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 20 g brazil nuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Peel the squash and cut into thin strips. Finely slice the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the kale and Brazil nuts.
- Drizzle over 2 tsp oil on the pork steaks, and sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and the chilli flakes and place on a baking tray in the oven for 10-15 mins, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 7 mins, then drain.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tsp oil on a medium heat. Add the kale and garlic and tear over the sage leaves, cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Add the squash and chopped Brazil nuts and turn up the heat and fry everything together for a further 3-5 mins. Turn off the heat.
- Spoon the squash, kale, sage and Brazil nuts onto two warm plates and top with the pork. Squeeze over the juice from the lemon.