Pork fajita baby gem wraps with sweet potato fries
Spicy pork and red pepper fajitas served in baby gem lettuce wraps, a refreshing alternative to tortillas, served alongside sweet potato fries and drizzled with coconut sauce.
- 340 g pork loin
- 1 romano red pepper
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (soya)
- 15 g creamed coconut
- 1 lime
- 250 g sweet potato
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato into thin fries, toss with 1 tsp oil, a pinch of sea salt and place on a baking tray in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the red onion & red pepper. Slice the end off the baby gem and separate the leaves.
- Cut the pork into thin strips, toss in a bowl with the cumin, chilli powder, tamari, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the pork for 4 mins before adding the onion and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 mins until the pork is cooked through.
- Boil a kettle. Dissolve the creamed coconut in 30ml boiling water, and stir in the juice from the lime. Season with black pepper.
- To assemble the wraps; add a spoonful of the pork, pepper and onion into each baby gem leaf. Drizzle over the coconut & lime sauce, and serve alongside the sweet potato fries.