Pork chilli, paprika sweet potato wedges & avocado
The pork and paprika give this chilli con carne a rich smoky flavour, paired with moreish baked sweet potato wedges and sliced avocado.
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- handful coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 300 g sweet potato
- 200 g passata
- 300 g organic pork mince
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely slice the red onion.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat. Fry the garlic and onion for 5 mins until softened, then add the pork mince for 10 mins until golden, breaking the mince up in the pan with a spatula.
- Meanwhile, slice the sweet potato into small wedges. Toss the wedges with 1/2 tbsp oil, half of the paprika and a pinch of sea salt. Spread out onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through.
- Add the chilli flakes, the remaining paprika and passata to the pork mince and cook for a further 10 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado, thinly slice. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Spoon the pork chilli onto two warm plates, sprinkle over the coriander and serve alongside the sweet potato wedges and sliced avocado. Drizzle over the lime juice.