Pork & apricot kebabs with pistachio & mint quinoa
We've paired seasonal sweet apricots together with lean pork loin for a delicious fruity summer kebab. The crunchy pistachios in the quinoa work perfectly with the caramelised apricots, which are loaded with Vitamin C.
- 300 g pork loin
- 80 g quinoa
- 4 fresh apricots
- 120 g tenderstem
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 15 g pistachios (nuts)
- handful mint
- 4 skewers
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6. Slice the apricots into quarters and de-stone. Trim the tenderstem and slice the red onion into small chunks. Roughly chop the mint leaves.
- Place the red onion on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for 20 mins. After 10 mins of cooking time add the tenderstem to the onion with 1 tsp oil and cook for 10 more mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water with a pinch of sea salt, simmer for 15 mins until cooked.
- Slice each pork loin into 8 pieces. Thread 4 pieces of pork and 4 apricot quarters onto each of the skewers. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a griddle pan (or BBQ) and add the pork and apricot skewers, cook for 15 mins turning every 3-4 mins, until the pork is cooked through.
- Drain the quinoa and stir through the roasted onions, tenderstem, mint leaves, pistachios and half of the lemon juice.
- Spoon the quinoa onto a plate and serve alongside the pork and apricot kebabs. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.