Pomegranate chicken, asparagus, chicory & orange
Pomegranate molasses baked chicken with roasted asparagus and red chicory, sprinkled with walnuts and juicy orange, packed with vitamin C.
- 360 g chicken breast
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 red chicory
- 140 g asparagus
- 1 orange
- 30 g walnuts (nuts)
- 60 g buckwheat
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray, season with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle over 1/2 tbsp of oil and half of the pomegranate molasses. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water, and simmer for 15 mins.
- Slice the end off the chicory and cut into quarters. Trim the asparagus. Place both the chicory and the asparagus on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and place in the oven for 5-10 mins.
- To make the pomegranate dressing; in a bowl, mix together the remaining pomegranate molasses with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Peel the orange and slice into segments. Roughly chop the walnuts. Slice the cooked chicken in half widthways and drain the buckwheat.
- To serve, spoon the buckwheat onto a warm plate, arrange the orange segments, chicory and asparagus over the top, followed by the chicken pieces, slightly overlapping. Drizzle over the pomegranate dressing and sprinkle over the walnuts.