Plaice with asparagus, dill quinoa & crispy capers
Lightly fried plaice with a sprinkling of crispy capers, served alongside British asparagus, and quinoa infused with dill for a good dose of Vitamin A and C.
- 300 g plaice
- 80 g quinoa
- 140 g asparagus
- 140 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 lemon
- 20 g capers
- handful dill
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4 and boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, finely chop the dill and finely slice the leek. Trim the asparagus. Place the leek and asparagus on a baking tray, drizzled with 2 tsp oil and place in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil and fry the capers over a medium-high heat for 4-5 mins until turning crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Season the plaice with sea salt and black pepper. Heat the same frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil and fry the plaice for 2 mins each side until cooked through.
- To make a lemon dill sauce; in a bowl, mix 1/2 tbsp olive oil with half of the juice from the lemon and a quarter of the chopped dill.
- Drain the quinoa and stir through the remaining dill and lemon juice. Add the cherry tomatoes and roasted leeks and mix well.
- To serve, carefully place the plaice fillets on a plate, drizzle over the lemon dill sauce and sprinkle over the crispy capers. Serve alongside the dill quinoa and asparagus.