Persian lamb, aubergine, pomegranate & mint quinoa
- 300 g organic lamb steak
- 80 g quinoa
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon
- 1 aubergine
- 100 g cucumber
- handful mint
- 2 tsp tahini (sesame)
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a pan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15-20 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile, slice the pomegranate in half and remove the pomegranate seeds. Thinly slice the cucumber into half moons and roughly chop the mint leaves. Finely slice the aubergine into thin rounds.
- In a bowl, mix half of the pomegranate molasses with half of the lemon juice, the cumin, a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp of oil. Rub this mixture over the lamb steaks on both sides. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil, and fry the lamb steaks for 4-5 mins on both sides. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the same pan and cook the aubergine for 5 mins, turning occasionally, until soft and lightly golden.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain and stir in the remaining pomegranate molasses, pomegranate seeds and the mint leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the tahini with the remaining lemon juice and season.
- To serve, thinly slice the lamb and serve alongside the pomegranate quinoa and sliced aubergine. Drizzle over the tahini lemon dressing.