Paprika haddock & buckwheat fajitas, coconut sauce
We've created homemade gluten-free fajitas made with buckwheat flour, to wrap up smoked paprika spiced haddock & black beans, drizzled with coconut sauce.
- 300 g haddock (fish)
- 240 g black beans
- 80 g buckwheat flour
- 100 g carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 2 gem lettuces
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 20 g creamed coconut (sulphites)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Dice the tomatoes and finely slice the spring onions. Roughly slice the gem lettuces, removing the root end. Peel and grate the carrot.
- To make two fajitas; In a bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour with 150ml water, 1/2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, until a smooth batter is formed.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and pour in half of the buckwheat mix to form a large thin pancake, cook for 3 mins each side until turning golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm, repeat with the remaining batter.
- Drain the black beans. Heat a medium-sized frying pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp oil and add the spring onions for 2 mins. Then add the beans, tomatoes and half of the paprika, season and cook for 7 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice the haddock into small pieces. Place the haddock in a bowl with the remaining paprika, a pinch of sea salt and 1/2 tbsp oil, stir well. In a frying pan, fry the fish for 6-8 mins on a medium heat until cooked through.
- Boil a kettle. In a bowl, dissolve the creamed coconut in 20ml boiling water.
- Place the buckwheat fajitas on two warm plates, top with the lettuce, grated carrot and the black bean mix. Top with the haddock, coconut sauce and lime juice.