Mushrooms, sundried tomato & lentils with millet
A delicious combination of sundried tomatoes, lentils and chestnut mushrooms, drizzled with vitamin-packed basil oil.
- 150 g brown lentils
- 80 g millet
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60 g sundried tomatoes
- 60 g kale
- 120 g chestnut mushrooms
- 200 g passata
- 1 vegetable stock cube (celery)
- handful basil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- Boil a kettle. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Thinly slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the kale and sundried tomatoes.
- Heat a dry large saucepan and pour the millet in before the water. Toast the millet for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in 400ml boiling water, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock in 100ml boiling water in a jug. Drain and rinse the lentils.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the garlic for 1 min. Then add the mushrooms and sundried tomatoes for 3 mins. Add the passata, vegetable stock, lentils and kale and leave to simmer for 5-10 mins until the sauce has thickened. Season with black pepper.
- To make the basil oil; finely chop the basil and add to a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Drain the millet and season with a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, place the millet on a warm plate, spoon the mushrooms, sundried tomato & lentils in the middle and drizzle over the basil oil.